We hope you will visit and worship with us. Visitors are always welcome. Here are a few common questions and answers.
What time is worship on Sundays? We start at 10:30am and the service lasts about an hour. If you arrive late, just come on in and sit down wherever you are comfortable. It is OK.
Where is the church? 1520 Pleasant St. in Walla Walla, WA. Google Map
What should I wear? Whatever you like. Some people wear blue jeans. Some people wear dresses. Some people wear ties. Be as casual or as formal as you like. Jesus wore the ordinary clothes of his time. That is good enough for us.
What do you do in worship? Here is a typical Sunday:
- The pastor usually starts with a greeting and a few announcements of upcoming events.
- We sing songs, some old, some new.
- We listen to a passage or two from scripture.
- The choir sings or our music director performs some special piece.
- The pastor speaks for 10-15 minutes.
- We share joys and concerns and then pray together.
- We receive an offering in gratitude for our blessings
- The pastor blesses us and sends us forth.
- People stay around for a while over coffee and cookies.
Are there non-typical Sundays? Here are other things that can happen:
- We usually share communion on the first Sunday of the month.
- The United Methodist Church offers open communion. That means are all welcome to receive communion, even if you don’t belong to Grace Church or aren’t a United Methodist. We use fresh bread and simple grape juice for communion.
- Each Month, usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month, we will have a potluck after church. You are welcome to join us if you have time. There is always extra food for visitors.
Is the church handicap accessible? Convenient handicap accessible parking is available. The entire facility is on a single level so people can move easily throughout. Handicapped restrooms are available, including one large enough for use by a person and their caregiver. There are wheelchair openings within the pews so that everybody can sit comfortably together. We have an audio telecoil loop sound system for people with hearing difficulties.
If there is something we can do to help you, please let us know. We will work together to find the best solution.
Can I bring my children? Of course. For ages birth to 4 we have a well equipped nursery with experienced care givers. Ages 5 and up have Sunday School staffed by enthusiastic teachers.
If you would like to attend worship and have your child stay with you we have a cozy family room that overlooks the sanctuary with crib and comfy chairs.
What if I want to join the church? We welcome all who wish to join us in our Christian faith journey. Talk to Pastor Zach Taylor to make the necessary arrangements.
Some other question? Call us at 509-525-6702. Or drop a note to email@example.com. Nadine is our incredible office administrator who can answer almost any question in the world.